The ChemoGLO Wipe Kit provides you with a simple and accurate procedure to quantify trace amounts of contaminants from the use of antineoplastic agents in the work environment. These include: 5-fluorouracil, ifosfamide, cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, platinum analogues, docetaxel, paclitaxel, busulfan, etoposide, cytarabine, doxorubicin, daunorubicin, vincristine, gemcitabine, irinotecan, mitomycin C, and 5-azacytidine.
In addition, ChemoGLO can analyze hormone drugs such as: estradiol, estriol, estrone, progesterone, testosterone, testosterone enanthate, and testosterone propionate.
ChemoGLO historical data shows that 80-90% of sites tested have at least one area of detectable drug residue on surfaces in preparation and administration areas.
The ChemoGLO kit
A complete kit contains enough materials to test in six wipes. An easy-to-follow User Manual is included in every kit, and our Wipe Kit “How To” video offers step-by-step instructions. Once you’ve completed your testing, samples are sent back to the ChemoGLO laboratory facility for analysis. Our staff is well-trained to perform sample extraction and analysis of wipe samples with state-of-the-art LC-MS/MS technology.
Within 5-7 business days, a professional and customized report of exposure concentrations will be sent to you via email.
To meet regulatory compliance of USP 800, it is recommended that wipe tests be performed on the same wipe areas every six months. Successive ChemoGLO reports will contain comparative data of all wipes conducted at each site.
Why Use ChemoGLO?
USP 800 and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) recommends that employers develop a medical surveillance program to monitor the safety of the employees working with hazardous drugs. This recommendation includes using baseline data and ongoing monitoring of environmental hazards as a way to assess the potential risk of employee exposure to hazardous drugs.
Using the ChemoGLO Wipe Kit is the easiest, fastest, and most reliable way to get quantitative data on potential hazardous drug exposures at baseline and for ongoing risk assessments.
The ChemoGLO Advantage
- ChemoGLO is the most widely used wipe contamination kit in the United States.
- A single kit can measure 24 separate drugs (17 hazardous and 7 hormone drugs) at the same time thereby minimizing costs and the time required to perform the wipe studies.
- All samples are shipped at room temperature; no refrigeration or dry ice required.
- The ChemoGLO assay has a very low limit of quantitation for each drug (10 ng/ft2) and a very high limit of quantitation for each drug (4000 ng/ft2) which allows for a wide range of detectable concentrations per drug.
- Once we receive your samples at our lab, your wipe study results will be emailed within 5-7 business.
- A detailed report, provided via email, shows the results for each individual institution compared to previous wipe studies at that institution to form a chronological comparison of results.
- In addition, the report compares the current wipe results for that institution to the thousands of historical ChemoGLO wipe sample results so that each institution can have a relative comparison of exposure concentrations that will assist in making a risk assessment determination.
- The founders of ChemoGLO, LLC are experts in their fields and understand the issues and concerns with chemotherapy formulations, pharmacy operations, and monitoring.